Wednesday from 7:30 to 8:30pm
Session 4: January 13th and 20th ($30/2 week session)
Session 2: January 27th and February 24th ($10/class)
Session 6: February 3rd, 10th and 17th ($10/class)
Big Bend Yoga Center
88 North Gore Ave
Webster Groves, MO 63119
Thursday from 7 to 8pm
$45 for the 4 week session ($15/week drop-in)
Session 1: January 14th
Session 3: January 21st
Session 4: January 28th
Session 5: February 4th
Brentwood Center of Health
2558 S. Brentwood Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63144
- Session 1: Introduction to MeditationUnderstand the mechanics of meditation, and systematic techniques for using breath as the object of meditation.
- Session 2: Systematic Relaxation PracticesLearn techniques to quiet the body and activate the parasympathetic nervous system (e.g. (Yoga Nidra). Relaxation is an essential component of a successful meditation practice. Entire hour is a guided relaxation (and coincides with the full moon).
- Session 3: Focusing your Meditation PracticeLearn to set specific intentions and learn a specialized meditation practice to support your desired changes for the New Year.
- SESSION 4: SOUND (MANTRA) AS AN OBJECT OF MEDITATIONLearn the Bija mantras and japa meditation. Mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of “creating transformation. “ The Sanskrit translation is: man, meaning “to think” and tra, meaning “tools or instruments”, meaning “instrument of thought”.
In Sanskrit Bija means seed. These one-syllable seed sounds activate the energy of the chakras in order to purify & balance the mind & body and increase your own instinctive awareness of your body & its needs.
As time and interst allow, Gayatri and Maha Mrityunjaya mantras will be taught, as well.
- SESSION 5: PHILOSOPHY AND PSYCHOLOGY OF MEDITATIONExplore a summary of how and why meditation works and take a closer look at the mind including several techniques from psychology that support your meditation practice.
- Session 6: Community Meditation Practice$10/week“Spiritual practice done with concentration will definitely bring about a change in nature.” We each need to play a committed and active role in creating this change. I have created this community meditation practice to ‘hold space’ for a variety of meditation practices and techniques.
We open our group practice by creating sacred space, followed by guided practice into and out of stillness with a portion of time (20-30 minutes) for personal practice.
After meditating as a group, we create a healing circle where we can offer shared intentions to send the “fruits of our practice” to specific individuals or community/global situations that can benefit from our intentions.
Pre-registration is preferred
All sessions require a minimum of 8 pre-registered participants
Call 314-322-1944 to register